Last Update: December 2018
Information Collected from Users
You share Information with us in various ways. For example:
• When you email us, ask a question or comment to Carlsbad 5000;
• When you create an account or register for the event, information such as name, email, postal address, telephone number, and gender;
• When you enter any Carlsbad 5000 contests or other promotional features available on the Site.
The Site uses a feature of Internet Web browsers called a “cookie”, which is a file that a User’s Web browser places on a User’s computer’s hard drive, to assign an identification code to the computer and to collect browsing information. Cookies may collect information about the type of mobile device you use, your device operating system and browser type, a unique device identifier, the address of a referring websites, the path you take through our website, and other information about your session on our website. Cookies may be used by us or others to collect information about online activities across sites and over time.
You may set your Internet Web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being sent.
Use of Information
Carlsbad 5000 uses the information collected from its Users to:
• To fulfill your requests for the event and communicate with you about those requests;
• To register you or service your registration;
• To administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys;
• To provide customer service;
• To help us personalize our event offerings, website, and advertising;
• To help us improve your experience through our website;
• To respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback you provide us; and
• To protect the security and integrity of our website and our business.
Updating or Deleting User Information
Users can request that we delete any information provided to Carlsbad 5000. To update or delete your account information or to be removed from any mailing lists or other promotional distribution lists, email us at email@example.com and we will take care of your request for you.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
Carlsbad 5000 may share Information as described below or with your consent.
We share Information with service providers that help with our business activities, including registration processors, timing companies, photographers, and companies that help us improve our event experience.
Carlsbad 5000 may disclose Information about our Users to others if we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so by law or legal process, to respond to claims, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Carlsbad 5000 or others. Carlsbad 5000 may disclose Information to a third party in the event that another company acquires Carlsbad 5000 or part of its assets, or in the event of reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation of our company.
From time to time, Carlsbad 5000 may share your Information with other companies in order to provide you with a special offer or promotion that we think you will find valuable. Unless you specifically tell us that you do not want to receive these special offers, we may share your Information.
Option to Limit Sharing with Third Parties
We only share your Information with reputable companies who provide products or services that we believe interest our customers. Because we respect you, all Users can opt out of this sharing. If you do not want your Information shared with third parties outside our corporate family for their direct marketing purposes, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Privacy Rights
Our California customers have a legal right to inquire about the categories of personal information we share with third parties for their marketing purposes. We may share personal information with our event partners. California customers may send those inquiries to us by email at email@example.com.
Linked Internet Websites
The Site may provide links to a third party website not controlled by Carlsbad 5000. These hyperlinked third party websites may collect and disclose Information different than this Site. Carlsbad 5000 is not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure of information collected through other websites, and Carlsbad 5000 expressly disclaims any and all liability related to such collection, use, or disclosure.
This Site has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the Information under our control. Our site does not directly accept payment card information. Here is an example of security measures we use to protect Information:
• Encryption technology, called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), helps to protect Information in certain areas of our websites during transport across the Internet. The presence of SSL encryption may be indicated by https in the browser URL or the image of a closed lock or solid key in the browser window. These indications may not be present in mobile services that use SSL.
Applicable Law/International Issues
Carlsbad 5000 Customer Service